Wednesday 7 - 8:45 PM / Starting Feb 28 with Amanda Gardner
"Awesome instructor. Totally changed my mind about Flash Photography and opened a new world of controlling light for me" -T.B.
This popular three week class demystifies the art of using your flash to photograph people.
You will learn how to lighten shadows, reduce harsh contrast and brighten up daylight images and also learn about attachments (modifiers) that will improve your quality of light — all the right stuff to create awesome portraiture.
This important class includes topics such as:
• Basic equipment and settings – TTL vs Manual
• Perfect exposure with a flash
• On camera flash techniques (bouncing, event flash)
• Filling in harsh shadows with Fill Flash
• Introduction to modifiers and managing shadows
• Dragging the shutter for cool effects
• High Speed Sync
Hands-on exercises, assignments and critiques complete this experience. Registered students are asked to bring their digital SLR camera and manual, on-camera flash* and manual, fresh batteries and note-taking material to each class.
- Digital Camera with manual controls
- External Flash
Class will be held at the same day and time of your choice each week for three weeks and lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes. (i.e. a Monday 10 AM class will be held every Monday morning for 3 weeks) If you have any scheduling conflicts, we will try our best to accommodate, just give us a call!